Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sweeeeet Sixteen!

This past fall, Benj, Mischa, and I went to just about every OU Volleyball match at home. My passion for the sport still remains, and I still wish I could be playing even though I wouldn't have my current life any other way :) These girls are like sisters to me.. and I miss seeing them at practice everyday, laughing and crying with them, creating memories on all our trips, and most of all..celebrating our victories together! Some of my most memorable moments in my volleyball career, was getting picked to participate in the NCAA Division I Volleyball tournament. Only so many teams make it, and it's definately the opportunity of a life time. My senior year we made it to the regionals in L.A. at the University of Southern California (USC).. we had a blast, and played so well, but couldn't quite come out with a win against them. I was sad to end on the note, but so glad we got to be in the tournament that year.
This fall, the team made it to the tournament... AND got to host the first and second rounds of the tournament. I was so excited and got to watch them play! They played Wichita State (ranked higher than us at the time) friday night, and wiped them out in three straight games.. such and upset, but so exciting!! The following night they played Tulsa.. It was a five set nail-biter, but we pulled out the win! I was so excited for the girls! They advanced on to the Sweet Sixteen and will travel to University Park, Pennsylvania, where they will play Penn State (3-time defending national champs). I definately believe they have a chance and wish them the Best of Luck! Boomer Sooner!!
Mischa LOVED the games.. she usually fell asleep, even with all the loud noise :)

^My Team and I at our Last home game (senior night)


My Family and I at senior night:




^First round of the 2009 NCAA Div. I Volleyball Championships vs. USC


^Press conference afterwards... haha




My team rushing the court Fri. Night after their win against Tulsa, as they advance to the Sweet Sixteen :)









No comments:

Post a Comment